This old western jail was built in 1885, is complete with the original cell blocks and hanging tower. Until 1978, this building served as the only jail for both city and Deputies actually lived downstairs, depending on the needs of the individuals. The second floor has three rooms; the gallows, the single cell (used for women and the insane), and the main cell. The main cell has within it a freestanding iron “cage” designed as 2 cells with up to 4 beds per cell. This museumed jail includes artifacts and memorabilia depicting the history of Hood County.