Book Now
The Captain’s House

123 Doyle St

Granbury, TX 76048

Phone: (210) 807-0270

Email: info@captainshouseonthelake.com

Website: http://www.captainshouseonthelake.com

View Directions »

captainsfront

Historic Landmark #3
James H. Doyle House

Come join new owners Tina and Tony at the newly reopened Captain’s House!
Built in 1875 for James Doyle, this High Style House with Queen Ann stylistic influence now serves as Captain’s House On Lake Granbury…a Bed n Breakfast for visitors and tourists to Granbury.
James Hogan Doyle was a decorated hero in the Civil War and moved to Granbury in 1870. James H. Doyle was Hood County’s fourth treasurer and served as chairman on the Granbury School Board. He was also the original director of the First National Bank of Granbury. He co-owned the Baker-Doyle Building which is one of the oldest buildings on the Square. James Doyle was a charter member of the Granbury Masonic Lodge, founded in 1875, and was instrumental in getting the first bridge built across the Brazos River.