Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- Presented By: Granbury Theatre Company
- Dates: 4/26/2019, 4/27/2019, 4/28/2019, 5/3/2019, 5/4/2019, 5/5/2019, 5/10/2019, 5/11/2019, 5/12/2019, 5/17/2019, 5/18/2019, 5/19/2019, 5/24/2019, 5/25/2019, 5/26/2019, 5/27/2019
- Location: Granbury Opera House
- Address: 133 E. Pearl St., Granbury, TX 76048
- Phone: (817) 579-0952
- Time: Shows at 7:30pm on Friday, 2:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday, and 2:00pm on Sunday!
Based on the classic film, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is an authentic piece of Americana, a time-tested romantic comedy with a special, contemporary relevance. Bringing the raucous Oregon frontier from the screen to the stage, it is a crowd-pleasing hit that has audiences cheering from the opening scene to the curtain call. Saddle up for a joyride in this tale of stubborn men and cunning women.
The men in question are Adam and his six unruly brothers, who think they know what a woman’s place is and how to keep her there. It takes Milly, Adam’s spirited new wife, and six other savvy women to show them who’s the boss.
As a film, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers delighted audiences with its whirlwind romances, memorable songs, and iconic choreography, and this energetic and adventurous staged version does the same. With its large ensemble, the show is perfect for community theatres and university and college productions that want to showcase a wide range of talent and guarantee everyone a starring moment.